Sunday, December 13, 2009

Become a more productive software developer

One of my friends asked me this Friday, what Linux flavor he should try to install on his secondary laptop (he never used Linux on his laptop for regular work) and my instant answer was Ubuntu. I have been using Ubuntu for last 4 years and I have persuaded at least 10 folks so far to install and use on their home PC. None of them are unhappy or have any regret that they did.
Anyway, most of home usage is limited to internet use and Firefox rules as far as browser is concerned. I am Chrome (google's new browser)  fan and I used this hack to install chrome on my home ubuntu desktop.
If you installing Ubuntu on your Laptop for primary use and make your living by developing software programs, You can try out a lot of nice tools and utilities that come with Linux. I wrote a knol a while ago and here is the link, in case you are interested.. Become a more productive software developer Long live Ubuntu !!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Make Everyone Smile

Hey there! Just wanted to let you know that today is officially National 'Make Everyone Smile' Day! So, consider yourself officially...