Tuesday, January 5, 2010

Have you unConferenced lately?

I was researching some innovative ideas to share peer knowledge at work and came across rather old but interesting concept of unConferencing. The idea is to embrace free form gathering like coffee break for peer to peer learning collaboration and creativity. Kaliya who is an acclaimed designer and facilitator of more than 100 "unConferences" maintains a website where she writes everything from attending and organizing an unConference. I have been an active participant in a coffee break at my workplace, but now when I know the modus operandi of so called "unConferences" I can't claim that ours fit that category. MassTLC innovation 2009 was one such unConference organized by kaliya last year. I liked the idea of freeing the audience from pre planned agenda and let them create the agenda on-demand. This can spark innovative and new discussion and engage audience more. To learn more about how it works and how to prepare for one, you have to browse through kaliya's blogs. Let me know, if you unConferenced yourself in 2010? I am going to try!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Make Everyone Smile

Hey there! Just wanted to let you know that today is officially National 'Make Everyone Smile' Day! So, consider yourself officially...