Tuesday, March 9, 2010

Good time to buy Toyota?

Toyota has been getting bad PR pretty much everyday. Probably more than any other car company. I mean, which car company has not recalled its car for mass problems. If you google on recall paired with other car brands, you will know what I am talking about. I never had problem with reliability of Toyota which I have owned since 98. Technically speaking, I haven't spend any money on it other than tires and regular maintenance. I still consider Toyota quality far more superior than it's competition. I might had a different opinion if I was involved in the acceleration problems with one of the Toyota vehicles, but let's make "evidence based decision" here. Data does not prove that Toyota had any history of problems and negligence about fixing them. Once they found the problem, they are handling appropriately in my opinion. If I am in the market for  a new car, am I going to consider a Toyota - SURE !! In fact there Toyota is giving you many new reasons and bonuses to buy your next car from them, good for us isn't it? 

  • They are offering 0% APR for upto 60 Months on pretty much every popular model except Prius OR $1000 cash back. 
  • $1000 cash back for recent college graduates ( graduated in last 2 years)
  • Current Toyota owners get a free two year maintenance plan with the purchase or lease of a new Toyota
All the above offers end April 5, 2010. I believe, considering the current recalls and potential lawsuits, Toyota will be very aggressive in saving it's brand image and consumer has more room to negotiate a better deal on a new car. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Make Everyone Smile

Hey there! Just wanted to let you know that today is officially National 'Make Everyone Smile' Day! So, consider yourself officially...